Moreland School District
4711 Campbell Avenue
San Jose, CA 95130-1790
Phone: (408) 874-2900
Fax: (408) 374-8827
Welcome to the Moreland School District!
Vote for Otra
Moreland's Kindest Kid
Moreland School District kindergarten student Otra visits elderly guests at Sarah Care in Campbell. While there she helps serve lunch, sings and reads, and brightens the day for all guests and workers. Otra is a respected volunteer at Sarah Care.
Otra is one of four finalists in Sprout’s Kindest Kids Contest. She was selected as a finalist from more than 25,000 entries based on the impact her kindness had on the community, inspirational value, uniqueness and sincerity. The Kindest Kid will now be selected by “viewer voting” online and through Facebook through December 17th. To view the finalists and vote for Otra, visit www.sproutonline.com/kindness-counts/kindest-kid.
December 23 through January 3
See Moreland's Independent Study Policy if you plan to take extended vacation at either of these breaks. Please check with your School Office as they need 10 school days notice for all Independent Study contracts.
Discuss Safety with Your Family
The safety of every child and adult is very important to Moreland. We conduct routine emergency drills throughout the year in order to prepare our students and staff on procedures to follow in the event of an emergency situation such as an earthquake, fire, or dangerous situation at school or in the neighborhood.
You can help to ensure the safety of your child and other children at Moreland schools during the school day. Please help your child by doing the following:
- Discuss how to respond to emergency situations with your child.
- Assure your child that while emergency situations are rare, we prepare so that we can handle them calmly.
- Ask your child to listen to their teacher/school principal and follow their directions for safety.
- Report to the office and get a visitor pass every single time you visit the school. While you may be known to some of the staff and students, it is unlikely that you are known to all staff and students and other adults who come on campus. All visitors must have a pass.
- Wait in the office until your child is released to you without distracting other students or the teacher. There are specific guidelines that staff must follow in releasing students on a daily and/or emergency basis.
- Park in designated parking areas only. Do not leave your car unattended in an area where it would impede the approach of emergency vehicles.
Affordable Health Coverage Information
Obtaining health care is easier than ever. Preventive care is provided at no cost. No one can be denied coverage due to pre-existing health conditions. There are a variety of plans to choose from, including no or low-cost health coverage for individuals or families with low annual incomes.
Contact Covered California at 1-800-300-1506 or www.coveredca.com or view the links below for more information.
Please click on the following links to get information on specific services or programs:
- Enrollment – Enrollment Center location, hours, and FAQ's
- Preschool Program
- Extended Day
- Transportation – bus passes, routes, fees, rules and safety
- Food Services – menus, online ordering, prices
- Community Activities - local sports, classes, clubs, and events
- Use of Facilities Instructions, Indoor Request Form,
Outdoor Request Form
- Community Center Calendar
- How to Get Involved – Home and School Clubs, Moreland Educational Foundation and Music in Moreland
The Moreland School District, a caring learning partnership of students, parents, staff, and community will empower all students through innovative and exemplary educational practices, with the knowledge, skills and critical thinking abilities to become contributing and responsible members of a global society.
Read the Superintendent's Latest Message